Candy Digital deploys its “Candy Sweet Futures Basketball“NFT Collection March 7-21, 2022, just in time for the college basketball playoffs. Jalen Duren of the University of Memphis, Blake Wesley of the University of Notre Dame and Bryce McGowens of the University of Nebraska are the first three college athletes whose NFTs are available for purchase.
Candy Digital’s team of artists and motion designers brought eight players to life by uniquely combining 2D photography of them in action with immersive digital environments. Each digital collectible features an illustrated futuristic style inspired by the lines on basketball courts and the future to be written for every player.
“I’ve been very selective about the brands I partner with, including in the new and exciting world of NFTs,” Duren said. “Candy Digital has quickly become a leader in the NFT market and is the perfect fit for me to join their Sweet Futures program.”
Here is the full list of athletes:
- Jalen Duren of the University of Memphis (available March 7)
- Blake Wesley of the University of Notre Dame (available March 7)
- Bryce McGowens of the University of Nebraska (available March 7)
- Johnny Davis of the University of Wisconsin (available March 14)
- JD Davison of the University of Alabama (available March 14)
- Keegan Murray of the University of Iowa (available March 14)
- Chet Holmgren of Gonzaga University (available March 21)
- Kendall Brown of Baylor University (available March 21)
There will be four different rarities for each player and the drops will take place on Monday, March 7, 14 and 21.
“I’m thrilled to be part of the inaugural line of Candy Sweet Futures baskets alongside some of the best players in the country,” said Holmgren. “Candy is reinventing the way fans can celebrate the sport and players they love, and I look forward to sharing new NFTs soon.”
Auctions take place on Bitski, with live action every Monday from 12 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. ET on Thursdays. If a bid is made in the last five minutes, the auction will remain open for another five minutes. Time windows are specific to Core editions and 1:1 auctions. Epic and Rare editions are only available while supplies last.
Here are some additional details about the drop:
- Auction for Legendaries 1:1
- 100 Epic Editions, priced at $350
- 300 rare editions, priced at $150
- Four-day open edition for Core editions, priced at $20.22
- Core sets will be available Monday 12 PM ET through Thursday 7 PM ET during each Drop
“Candy Sweet Futures” launched in July 2021 as an initiative to bring student-athlete NIL rights to market with unique digital offerings, starting with elite college football players. The 22 athletes sold their rare-edition NFTs for $250 each within minutes of falling, and Clemson’s starting quarterback DJ Uiagalelei’s 1-on-1 auction sold for $19,500.